Establishing a LMIG is easy! Follow these simple steps to become affiliated with the ACLM.
Step 1: Identify an advisor
- Advisors are typically employees at the LMIG host institution
- Advisors will oversee LMIG activities, offer leadership support/guidance, and will help rally the interest of the greater institution and governing bodies
- There may be more than one LMIG advisor for each LMIG
- Learn more about the LMIG Advisor role
Step 2: Identify at least one LMIG Leader to serve in an official LMIG Officer Role
- LMIG Leaders are typically Trainees (i.e. students, residents, fellows) but can include faculty & other interested individuals
- LMIG Leaders are responsible for the subdivisions of the LMIG and coordinate LMIG initiatives, organize events, and submit documentation to ACLM
- Learn more about LMIG Leader Roles
Step 3: Review the LMIG requirements with interested advisors & leaders (Learn more here)
Step 4: Submit an application to join of the ACLM Orientation Cohorts
- These take place every March, July, and October
Curious to know if your institution already has an established LMIG with the ACLM? Check out the LMIG Map on this webpage and email email@example.com to request to get connected.